home      about    subscribe   contact

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Shitty fucking night

Please excuse the way this is written. I'm an avid feminist but a mediocre writer. I really feel the need to share this.


It’s Saturday, 9:45 pm but it’s already pitch black. I’m downtown. After a questionable evening, I was walking from a coffee shop to my bus stop 3 blocks away. I’m listening to Sarah Harmer on my iPod and I’m off in thought. A white limo pulls up and stops at a red light. From the undone window I can see inside. A blue light is on and I can see at least half of the people inside: white, thin, well-dressed, straight-seeming, clearly higher class. The girls are all tanned, wearing spaghetti straps and have perfectly done up hair. I make a judgement; I assume that these people are assholes. I continue walking. I suspect they are quietly commenting about me, but I don’t hear anything until one of the guys sitting closest to the window yells “let us see some tits!” I stop. I pull out one of my ear plugs and start yelling louder than I’ve ever yelled before. “You are a fucking sexist pig! You’re a misogynist! Have fun sitting in you fucking white limo drinking alcohol you fucking ignorant asshole!” They begin rolling up the tinted window and say something else that I don’t hear. I yell a final “fuck you!” before they close the window entirely. I take a deep breath in and before a thought can even enter my mind a man next to me, stopped waiting for the crosswalk, says “I totally agree with you.” I smile and say “thank you” and continue on my way to the bus stop.

1 comment:

KEEP ON BROWSING!

FlickrTwitterTumblrFormspringLookbook